In this week’s chapter of The Joy Diet, the book I’m reading with Jamie‘s The Next Chapter group, Martha Beck insists on treats after the risking we’ve been doing. Here’s my list of some of favorite treats (of late):
- Petit Ecolier extra-dark chocolate biscuits
- a coffee at the local Heine Brothers at the end of my street
- a walk through the neighborhood in between calls with my clients
- a novel with a happy ending
- snuggles with Harper
- blog surfing to sites like Soule Mama, Nienie and Kelly Rae
- Top Chef Las Vegas
- a chat with girlfriends, even if its quick
- bedtime by 10pm
- a Dance of Shiva sequence or two
- collage making
- family visits
- a great massage or hot yoga session
- Yogi Tea
- homemade soup, like Ina‘s pomodoro with basil-pancetta-crouton toppings
- grocery shopping at Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s
I could go on and on!
Treats somehow give the message that the effort, the intention, the risk is acknowledged. How are you treating yourself this week?
You’ve most definitely figured out what treats work for you…I hope you enjoy most all of these every day — or at least as many as you can in a week!! 🙂
It makes sense to me that by treating myself after taking a risk towards my goal I am acknowledging the effort I made. Have a great week filled with lots of treats.
i love your list of treats! collage making and watching top chef have been two recent sources of joy for me, too 🙂 xo, kaileenelise
What a wonderful list of treats! Ah, bedtime by 10pm…. I can dream about that… 🙂 Someone once recommended that once a week, I should go to bed by 8pm… I tried it once, and it felt so strange… but this is inspiring me to try it again, with a whole different perspective…
What a great list of treats. Thank you so much for giving us a glimpse in to your week of treats.
I really liked the Shiva Nata demo – and I love going to Trader Joe’s, it’s about 45 minutes away so I don’t make it often. It’s great that you had a good week with treats. I did, too! Enjoy the week with play.
Ohhhh, wonderful delicious treats….You’ve got me thinking freshly of treat-y things.
I like Top Chef Las Vegas too!